Places to go to 'beat the heat'
- Written by: Adam Gatt Penrith City Council (02) 4732 7777 (02) 4732 7958 email@example.com https://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au 601 High St Penrith NSW 2750 Australia
Penrith is your one-stop-shop for exciting places to go and things to do as the temperature rises this summer.
- Read a book, access our online resources or maybe research our local history at one of our 3 Library branches.
- Cool off with the kids at one of our splash pads at:
- Pacific and Phoenix Reserve (Erskine Park)
- Ron Mulock Oval (Penrith)
- The Northern Road Oval (Jordan Springs)
- Great River Walk (Jaminsontown)
- The Triangle (Penrith CBD)
- Werrington Lakes (Werrington)
- For a complete list of playspaces click here
- Visit Penrith Regional Gallery.
- Visit a local shopping centre like Penrith Westfield
Penrith has a host of water activities, which are perfect for summer.
- Experience the thrills and spills of whitewater rafting and kayaking at Penrith Whitewater Stadium;
- Fly through the air and water with Jetpack Adventures;
- Take the family down to Cables Aqua Park for some fun, excitement and exercise; or
- For some fun in the pool, head down to Ripples Leisure Centre.
- Penrith City Library is the perfect place to escape with a book or within the Local Studies Room while enjoying the air-conditioning and free wifi.
- Have the fans on supercharge at iFly Indoor Skydiving;
- You can enjoy the air conditioning while watching a film at Hoyts Cinemas;
- Watch a world-class performance at The Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre;
- Explore the drama and danger of fire and firefighting at the largest Museum of Fire in Australia; or
- Enjoy tenpin bowling, arcade games, laser skirmish and food and drinks at Zone Bowling & Laser Skirmish.
- Head over to Penrith Westfield for some retail therapy;
- Visit Australia's first and only sake brewery, Sun Masamune Sake Brewery.
- Catch up with friends and family, Penrith Panthers World Of Entertainment offers great food, relaxation and entertainment, or
- Twin Creeks Golf and Country Club is perfect for either a relaxing or competitive game of golf.
- Penrith also has a host of amazing places to enjoy a meal.
Check out the Visit Penrith website for more ideas on how to spend your summer days and nights.
School's out for summer holidays
- See the Visit Penrith activity list for ways to keep cool with the kids these summer holidays.