The Village Café
- Written by: Adam Gatt Penrith City Council (02) 4732 7777 (02) 4732 7958 email@example.com https://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au 601 High St Penrith NSW 2750 Australia
What is Village Café?
Village Café is a place to grow community connections and support wellbeing. Come along and enjoy a free barista-made coffee and connect with your neighbours and local support services.
When and where is it on?
Location: Wainwright Park, Bringelly Rd Kingswood
Date: The second Thursday of every month.
Time: 9.30am – 11.30am
North St Marys
Location: Robin Wiles Park, Maple Rd, North St Marys
Date: The third Thursday of every month.
Time: 9.30am – 11.30.am
Location: Llandilo Community Hall, Second Ave Llandilo
Date: The fourth Thursday of every month.
Time: 9.30am – 11.30am
Who can come?
Village Café is a space for people to come together with their neighbours and community.
Local residents are welcome and warmly encouraged to attend.
You can share ideas, and tell us what support services you would find helpful at Village Café.
If you are a service provider who is interested in attending or would like more information, please contact Council on
Who is involved in Village Café?
Village Café is an initiative proudly delivered by Council in partnership with local services and organisations to promote wellbeing and community connection.
Please note that not all services will be available for every session. Other services not listed below may be in attendance depending on availability.
Key partners involved include:
- Wentworth Healthcare Nepean Blue Mountain Primary Health Network: Wentworth Healthcare is the provider of the Nepean Blue Mountains Primary Health Network (NBMPHN) programme, which is dedicated to supporting the right health services for our local community.
- Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District: Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District is responsible for providing community health and hospital care for people living in the Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury, Lithgow and Penrith Local Government Areas (LGAs) and tertiary care to residents of the Greater Western Region.
- Uniting Ability Links: Ability Links NSW supports people with a disability, their families and carers to live the life they want as valued members of their community. Ability Links staff, also known as Linkers, work closely with you to support you to fulfil your goals, hopes and dreams.
- Penrith Women’s Health Centre: Penrith Women's Health Centre is a non-government, not for profit, and predominantly NSW Health funded organisation that aims to provide health services that address all aspects of women's lives and enhance one's existing strengths and skills.
- SydWest Multicultural Services: SydWest Multicultural Services is a leading organisation for all cultural diversity issues responding to community needs and opportunities.
- LikeMind: LikeMind is a free and confidential service for adults with mental health concerns, as well as their families and carers. LikeMind works with you to address your mental health needs and link you with the services you need.
- Westcare: WestCare has been serving Penrith since 1977. Key activities include the Emergency Relief Service in Henry Street which provides food and grocery items, referral information and utility bills assistance for qualifying clients. The Bringelly Road Kingswood Op Shop offers local residents low cost recycled clothing and household items. Other programs include domestic violence support, school wellbeing workers and the Penrith City CareKits program.
- Uniting Home and Community Care: Home and Community Care know it’s important to retain our independence as we age so we help you stay independent in your own home. The Australian Government supports older Australians who want to stay in their home by funding your in-home care services. This is called the Home Care Packages program, and Uniting is one of the organisations that provides these in-home services.
- Community Junction: Community Junction is not for profit organisation based in North St Marys. The team works with members of the community, service providers and community organisations to provide information, resources and referrals to empower communities. Community Junction Inc. develops programs in response to local interests and needs for residents living and working in Colyton, Erskine Park, North St Marys, St Clair, Werrington and surrounding areas.
- Nepean Community and Neighbourhood Services
How do I find out more?
For more information contact Council at
What people are saying about the project
“I think it’s important for us all to interact with another more and learn new things. That’s what Village Café is all about.” – Sheila, North St Marys resident.
“Village Café allows the community to come together and make connections they may not have unless the café was on.” – David, Wentworth Healthcare Nepean Blue Mountain Primary Health Network.
“This fantastic project is more than a pop-up café – it’s a friendly, safe space for people living in Kingswood, North St Marys and Llandilo to meet up, have a chat over a good cup of coffee, and connect with local services.” – Penrith Mayor Ross Fowler OAM.